Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas Card


This is a Christmas card design that I put together. I created the images in Adobe Illustrator and then moved them over to Adobe Indesign for the layout and placement of the text. The card is meant to be printed on a thick iridescent ivory paper. The color pallet and design are more modern. Christmas cards can get tacky and cliche sometimes. I wanted to step away from the traditional images and colors and create something a bit more fresh, yet that still captures the feelings of the holidays. So I created a design that would appeal to a younger more posh demographic. I found that the paper choice took this design to the next level and really completed it for me. The irridecent shimmer to the paper really enhanced the feeling I was going for. I wanted to get across the look of a fresh layer of snow in the evening. The way it shimmers in the blue light of winter. That to me gives shivers of Christmas when I see it and that is what this card was all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment