Sunday, December 21, 2008

Dance the Year Away 2009















































































This is a calendar I created for 2009. My aim was to create more of a piece of art than a way to track the dates of the year. Something a bit more creative and fun than a regular calender. So I took the idea of a bar of music and put one note on the bar for each day of the month. I noted the first day of the week of each month and also the number of days in that month. You still with me? :) Then I made a custom illustration in Adobe Illustrator for each month and found a creative song name that said the month in it. I wanted to convey a lot of energy and movement in both my silhouettes as well as the brushes and strokes I used to create the different hair. I used lots of color to create mood and I feel like the vibe of this piece speaks for its self.












1 comment:

  1. This is amazing! I love how creative the calendars are. Minimal and popping. The notes on the bottom complete the calendar effect as well.....really unique and modern. Niiiiiice!

    ReplyDelete