This is an add I did in Photoshop. I wanted it to have a peaceful and calming tone, yet be inspirational and motivating at the same time. I love this image of the little boy on his fathers shoulders. It reminds me so much of my childhood riding on my Father's shoulders and feeling on top of the world. I used the silhouette of the birds because they are such an icon for so many things I was trying to capture here, peace, freedom and hope. I created the saying, "HOPE: Let it take flight within you" and placed in where it would not be too obtrusive, as to let the audience still experience the image by its self, yet where I knew the eye would eventual lead the reader so that it subtlety sunk into their line of sight. I hope that this piece does for you what it does for me.
Saturday, February 28, 2009
Hope; let it take flight within you
This is an add I did in Photoshop. I wanted it to have a peaceful and calming tone, yet be inspirational and motivating at the same time. I love this image of the little boy on his fathers shoulders. It reminds me so much of my childhood riding on my Father's shoulders and feeling on top of the world. I used the silhouette of the birds because they are such an icon for so many things I was trying to capture here, peace, freedom and hope. I created the saying, "HOPE: Let it take flight within you" and placed in where it would not be too obtrusive, as to let the audience still experience the image by its self, yet where I knew the eye would eventual lead the reader so that it subtlety sunk into their line of sight. I hope that this piece does for you what it does for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Perfect fit for the caption you have! the simple fact that the little boy has an airplane in his hand also brings the whole concept together. The colors symbolize hope entirely, and like you said....it is very calming to look at. I really like this piece. I can see it as a billboard or some type of charity/non-profit mailer of some sort. Nice job Bec!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful, Rebecca. It's very calming, which is a rare thing in the world these days. Love it.
ReplyDelete